2, 3 & 4 Year Programs
TOONSKOOL offers a 3 & 4 year(Diploma/ B.Sc/ BCA/ BFA/ B.Tech/ M.Sc.) Program in Animation, a full-fledged, full-time college-based program, through strategic tie-ups with partner Colleges that offer this definitive course for a professional career in animation. Some of these partner colleges also offer Toonskool's short-term programs.
The 3 & 4 year Program in Animation offered at partner colleges is so rigorous and comprehensive that, on completion, students are equipped to enter production work in studios directly, without wasting time on additional training. Hence, major studios are solidly backing TOONSKOOLs efforts with excellent trainers, internships and placements.
To contribute to the growth of the animation industry by integrating industrial needs, trained professionals and the best training resources.
The program primarily focuses on animation for film and television production. Software skills are supported by intense training in basic skills of art and performance for the creative edge. Classes last about 6 hours a day, however an additional 2 to 4 hours of practise would be required at home too. All forms of animation are dealt with enabling you to excel either as a 2D artist or a 3D artist, depending on where your talents lie. However since each one goes through all the subjects, you will have exposure and a birds eye view of all relevant processes equipping you to be able to grow into an animation director later in your career.
The course prepares you for studio positions in 2D animation like key and assistant animators, layout and storyboard artists, character and prop designers, in-betweens and clean-up artists. Positions in 3D include character and effects animators, modellers, lighting and texture mappers, concept designers, compositing specialists and storyboard artists.
Program Highlights :
Why is our programs so unique?
• Skill acquisition that can be readily fitted into a production studio
• Strong foundation in hand art & drawing
• Choice of specialization – as a character modeller / character animation specialist,
particles / dynamics specialist, compositing specialist, lighting / textures specialist, etc
• Experienced faculty from production studios with proven creative skills
• Clear understanding of tools and techniques
• State-of-the-art, Production-type lab
• Exposure to major studios through project work & internship
• Experts invited to workshops & discussions
• Animactor Workshop – acting skills and principles to liven up characters
• Proposed alliance with leading Western Animation Schools
• Commercial work to keep the faculty in touch with production and introduce students to live project work
You graduate with:
• Diploma/ B.Sc/ BCA/ BFA/ B.Tech/ M.Sc in Animation
• A professional demo reel & portfolio
• Demonstrated proficiency in animation, storyboarding, life drawing, modelling, lighting & texturing
• Industry contacts & job search strategies